Thank you for accepting our invitation to participate in the 2014 Jewish Community Candidates Forum sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), a program of JEWISHcolorado (formerly Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado) and National Council of Jewish Women, Colorado Section (NCJW). With over 30 co-sponsoring Jewish organizations, we anticipate a large crowd representing the Front Range Jewish community.
DATE: Tuesday, October 7, 2014
TIME: 6:00pm-Candidate Meet and Greet; 7:00pm-Forum
PLACE: BMH-BJ-The Denver Synagogue
560 S. Monaco Parkway, Denver 80224
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - There will be two parts to the evening, as follows:
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Informal MEET AND GREET session
This is to confirm that table space has been reserved for you at the “Meet and Greet”
ARRIVE AT 5:45 P.M. FOR SET-UP
· Please check in at the Candidates Registration table when you arrive
· Use the synagogue’s north entrance/parking lot, just off Monaco Parkway, across from George Washington High School.
· Only campaign information/literature that can be displayed on or attached to a table is permitted. No food items are allowed due to dietary restrictions.
· Please take all leftover campaign materials with you when you leave as they will be disposed of at the end of the evening.
· You are welcome to participate personally and/or to send no more than1-2 staff or volunteer representatives to this part of the program.
Please send the names of the staff/volunteers to Debi Crawley (First Name; Last Name, Email) dcrawley@JEWISHcolorado.org by noon Monday, Sept. 29, 2014.
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. CANDIDATE FORUM – Moderator, Cynthia Hessin
Candidates must be present to take part in the Forum. No surrogates are allowed. Candidates are asked to check-in at the Candidates Registration table by 6:45 pm.
o Please email a brief bio (up to 150 words) to dbergstein@JEWISHcolorado.org by September 29, 2014, for introductory purposes.
o The questions used during the Forum are submitted by the co-sponsoring organizations and will be chosen at random. Additional written questions may be submitted by members of the audience. The questions will be pre-screened and may include, but not be limited to Domestic and Foreign Policy issues, such as: the economy, healthcare, the Middle East (including Israel, U.S. relations with Israel - including continuing aid, Iran, etc.), energy, immigration, education, social issues, senior issues, the environment and other matters of concern to the Jewish Community.
o There will be no opening statements. A coin toss will determine who answers the questions first or has the last closing statement.
o You will have one (1) minute to answer each question and two (2) minutes for a closing statement. Please note that this is an educational forum, not a debate.
We look forward to seeing you on October 7th. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Janet Sherman, JCRC Director, at jsherman@JEWISHcolorado.org or by phone at 303-316-6490.